SoTEL research cluster members available for Post Graduate supervision:
Dr Thom Cochrane
Thomas Cochrane is Associate Professor Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education at CSHE, the University of Melbourne. Previously he was Associate Professor, and Academic Advisor in Educational Technology at AUT University’s Centre for Learning and Teaching (CfLAT). Thomas has research expertise in Qualitative research in technology enhanced learning, with a focus upon action research, and design based research methodologies. He has a research specialisation in mobile learning, heutagogy, communities of practice, and the scholarship of technology enhanced learning. He has a research publication portfolio that includes over 50 peer reviewed journal articles, 32 book chapters, and over 150 conference proceedings.
BE, BD, GDHE, MTS, Mcomp, PHD (Monash), SCMALT.
Recent PhD supervision experience includes the following Thesis topics:
- The mobilised learner: Heutagogy and mobile social media
- The more you know, the more you see
- Transmedia learning framework to increase student engagement and retention in Universities
- Typographical Portraiture: reflections on the Patea freezing works
- Can AR or MR technologies improve mountain safety?
- Redefining critical thinking in healthcare higher education through mobile extended reality
Dr Vickel Narayan
Vickel Narayan is a Lecturer, Educational Development at The University of Sydney Business School
PhD (Murdoch), MComp, PGDComp, GDHE, BSc (Comp Sc & Info Sys)