Extended Abstracts – Pecha Kucha presentations
500 word extended abstracts are an opportunity to share and showcase innovative Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) practice through a Pecha Kucha presentation. EXTENDED call for abstracts – now due through the PJTEL submission system by 6th January 2021.
Extended Abstracts may feature practice-based examples such as Scholarly Practice, learning innovations, professional development innovations, outcomes of communities of practice, etc.
500 words not including references, using SoTEL paper template.
- Presentation format:
- Pre-recorded using either PKCreate or Google Slides (please submit URL for your PK presentation by 31st January 2021)
- 20 slides or images, 20 seconds each, auto advanced, with audio track, See https://www.pechakucha.com/pkcreation for more details;
- 7 min presentations with 1 min changeover, with Q&A in Mozilla Hubs virtual environment and P2 Discussion Forum;
- Two PK sessions per afternoon will run for 1.5 hr, incorporating 12 Pecha Kucha presentations per session.
Blind peer review for Extended Abstracts – Pecha Kucha submitted through the PJTEL journal system, will be published open access with a DOI, review criteria:
- Relevance to advancing TEL research and/or practice
- Showcasing innovation and creative practice;
- Applicability to the SoTEL audience – either higher education and/or secondary;
- Coherent and logically structured with a theoretical underpinning.