There is only one presentation format for the virtual symposium: peer-reviewed 500 word abstracts, and a pre-recorded Pecha Kucha presentations (followed by live discussion).
Extended Abstracts – Pecha Kucha Presentations
Extended Abstracts are an opportunity to share and showcase innovative Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) practice through a pre-recorded Pecha Kucha presentation. Extended Abstracts may feature practice-based examples such as Scholarly Practice, learning innovations, professional development innovations, outcomes of communities of practice, etc.
- 500 words not including references, using SOTEL paper template.
- Pre-recorded and using such as PKCreate, FigShare or Google Slides (please submit (email) the URL for your PK presentation by 31st January 2022)
- 20 slides or images, 20 seconds each, auto advanced, with audio track, See https://www.pechakucha.com/pkcreation for more details;
- 7 min presentations of the pre recorded PK’s will be followed by 7 min for live discussion with 1 min changeover. During the Symposium breaks synchronous discussions will be facilitated in Mozilla Hubs virtual environment and asynchronous discussions via a P2 Discussion Forum;
- Two PK sessions per afternoon will run for 1.5 hr, incorporating 6 Pecha Kucha presentations per session.
Extended Abstracts for Blind peer review for the Pecha Kucha presentations must be submitted through the PJTEL journal system and will be published open access with a DOI. Brief review criteria:
- Relevance to advancing TEL research and/or practice;
- Showcasing innovation and creative practice;
- Applicability to the SoTEL audience – either higher education and/or secondary;
- Coherent and logically structured with a theoretical underpinning.
Submit your papers here.